- *Newsflash* BSpPS are pleased to announce the launch of a new Show, Spotfest South West. Our first show will be held on the 03rd October 2015 at The Grange Equestrian Centre which offers fantastic facilities. Schedules will be available soon.
Email - email@example.com for more details.
- BSpPS National Breed Show. The 19th of July saw our annual Breed Show, held at the Three Counties showground Malvern. It was nice to see the members supporting this show with good classes and some lovely quality ponies. Supreme Show Champion went to Cranleigh Sheba owned by Michael Coad and Reserve Supreme to Spreyton Warrior owned by Beverley Wills. Full show results and pictures to follow.
- Newsflash - As of the 12/06/15 the Spotted Pony Breed Society (Great Britain) was no longer authorised to issue or update passports. Any passports issued by this organisation before 12/06/15 remain valid. Owners of horses with these passports may approach any UK Passport Issuing Organisation to have them updated. Just to clarify, the British Spotted Pony Society is still up and running. The SPBS (GB) has been closed down.
- Performance Awards Results are now in and can be seen on the News & Results Page.
- Spotted Pony Fridge Magnets - We have in stock some of Merete Norrings hand made glass spotted pony fridge magnets. Just £3.50 plus p&p.
- New contact details - Registrar & Treasurer Zena Jackson has a new address. Please see Contacts page for details.
The British Spotted Pony Society evolved when the horse and pony elements of the British Spotted Horse & Pony Society went their separate ways in 1977. The British Spotted Pony Society holds the mother studbook for the British Spotted Pony breed and has full DEFRA recognition.
The Society's aim is to encourage the breeding of quality spotted ponies and to foster interest in and promote the breed.
There are 3 distinct types of ponies; miniatures - 42 inches and under (107cm), riding ponies and cobs upto 14.2hh. Spotted coat patterns are diverse. See Breed Characteristics for more information.
The British Spotted Pony Society have an annual show in July at the Three Counties Show Ground, Malvern. The show ground has stunning views and great facilities. Perfect for our prestigous yet very friendly show. There are a large number of classes, something for everyone! There are a number of other shows that hold classes for British Spotted Ponies, some of which we are affiliated to and highest placed members receive a Society Rossette. See Affiliated Shows for full list.
Whether you have one Spotted Pony, hundreds or even just like the look of them there is something for everyone with the BSpPS. Become a member and you will receive regular newsletters filled with information, interesting spot related articles and sales and stallion listings. You can also adverise for FREE on our website.
Ponies from the Halstock stud seen grazing amongst the Bluebells on Dartmoor.
Copyright 2015-2016 All Rights Reserved
The British Spotted Pony Society is a private company no: 3507553, limited by guarantee, registered in England.
Charity No: 1069437. Registered Office: Heiffers Farm, Rackenford, Tiverton, Devon, EX16 8RW.