- Newsflash - As of the 12/06/15 the Spotted Pony Breed Society (Great Britain) was no longer authorised to issue or update passports. Any passports issued by this organisation before 12/06/15 remain valid. Owners of horses with these passports may approach any UK Passport Issuing Organisation to have them updated. Just to clarify, the British Spotted Pony Society is still up and running. The SPBS (GB) has been closed down.
- The 2015 National Breed Show is on the 19th July at the Three Counties Showground, Malvern. Entries close 30th June. Contact Katie Gardner for more details:- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Performance Awards Results are now in and can be seen on the News & Results Page.
- 2015 Membership. It's that time of year again to renew your membership. Please complete the 2015 Membership form and send to our Membership Secretary Debbie Tinklin. Your membership is greatly appreciated and enables the Society to continue and promote this beautiful breed and take them forward for generations to come. If your not a member then why not join, you will be warmly welcomed and enjoy some of the benefits such as regular newsletters, free sales and stallion listings, membership rates at the breed show and for pony registrations and more. 2015 Membership Form.
- Spotted Pony Fridge Magnets - We have in stock some of Merete Norrings hand made glass spotted pony fridge magnets. Just £3.50 plus p&p.
- New contact details - Registrar & Treasurer Zena Jackson has a new address. Please see Contacts page for details.
The British Spotted Pony Society evolved when the horse and pony elements of the British Spotted Horse & Pony Society went their separate ways in 1977. The British Spotted Pony Society holds the mother studbook for the British Spotted Pony breed and has full DEFRA recognition.
The Society's aim is to encourage the breeding of quality spotted ponies and to foster interest in and promote the breed.
There are 3 distinct types of ponies; miniatures - 42 inches and under (107cm), riding ponies and cobs upto 14.2hh. Spotted coat patterns are diverse. See Breed Characteristics for more information.
The British Spotted Pony Society have an annual show in July at the Three Counties Show Ground, Malvern. The show ground has stunning views and great facilities. Perfect for our prestigous yet very friendly show. There are a large number of classes, something for everyone! There are a number of other shows that hold classes for British Spotted Ponies, some of which we are affiliated to and highest placed members receive a Society Rossette. See Affiliated Shows for full list.
Whether you have one Spotted Pony, hundreds or even just like the look of them there is something for everyone with the BSpPS. Become a member and you will receive regular newsletters filled with information, interesting spot related articles and sales and stallion listings. You can also adverise for FREE on our website.
Ponies from the Halstock stud seen grazing amongst the Bluebells on Dartmoor.
Copyright 2015-2016 All Rights Reserved
The British Spotted Pony Society is a private company no: 3507553, limited by guarantee, registered in England.
Charity No: 1069437. Registered Office: Heiffers Farm, Rackenford, Tiverton, Devon, EX16 8RW.